How to install Paypal checkout Woocommerce (the comprehensive guide)
Online payment gateways make digital commerce viable. If this component is working correctly, the rest of the difficulties may be resolved with minimum effort. In fact, if you’re new to WooCommerce or comparable platforms, experts recommend sticking with PayPal. For that reason, in this article, ArrowTheme also bring to you the comprehensive guide to install Paypal checkout Woocommerce. Start right now?
Why should use PayPal’s Payment Gateway?
As a WooCommerce business owner, you have the option of using a variety of popular industry-leading payment gateways such as Stripe, Skrill, PayPal, and many others. So, why use PayPal? According to official statistics, about 19 million merchants rely on PayPal to create, maintain, and expand their businesses. Customers all over the world put their financial information, such as credit card numbers and banking information, in the hands of PayPal.
Advantages and disadvantages of using PayPal
- Secure and free!
- WooCommerce onboarding is simple.
- Installation and integration are simple.
- An easy approach to integrating PayPal with your WooCommerce business.
- PayPal is in charge of security.
What is Paypal checkout Woocommerce?
Paypal checkout Woocommerce enables your shop to accept PayPal payments and uses configurable Smart Payment Buttons. Customers using PayPal Checkout may pay with PayPal or any major credit or debit card without ever leaving your site. Moreover, clients may buy directly from your product pages and pay in 26 different currencies. Customers in the United States enjoy the extra benefit of Smart Payment Buttons. This tool will automatically provide appropriate payment choices, such as PayPal and both Pay in 4 and PayPal Credit*. Therefore, it allows your consumers to buy now and pay later while you get paid up front.
How to install Paypal checkout Woocommerce?
1. Go to Plugins > Add New on your WordPress site.
2. Enter WooCommerce PayPal Checkout in the Search Plugins bar. The author is WooCommerce.
3. Install Now and Activate.
A PayPal Business account: visit PayPal.com to set up for one or log in to a current one.
PayPal Reference Transactions for Subscriptions via Express Checkout: apply for and enable Reference Transactions in case you want to utilize and sell WooCommerce Subscriptions.
How to set up and configure Paypal checkout Woocommerce?
To enable PayPal Checkout, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
2. Enable PayPal Checkout by clicking the option next to it.
3. To adjust your PayPal Checkout settings, choose Set up or Manage.
4. Customize your settings:
Title: Select the title that will be displayed to clients throughout the checkout process.
Description: Enter a description that clients will see if they utilize PayPal Checkout.
Account Settings- Environment: Choose Live if you want to take payments and Sandbox if you want to test payments.
Connect your PayPal account, whether it’s new or old.
1. Click the Setup or connect an existing PayPal Account button to immediately enter your API Credentials by login into your PayPal account.
2. Log in to your PayPal account when requested.
3. Select API Access from the Activity menu towards the top of the page.
4. Navigate to NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic) and then select Manage API Credentials.
5. Paste the credentials into the appropriate areas on your WooCommerce site:
- Username for the Live API
- Password for the Live API
6. The API Certificate and Signature, as well as the Live API Subject, are optional.
PayPal-hosted Checkout Settings
1. Enter a Brand Name that will appear at checkout on the PayPal site, such as the name of your company/store/website.
2. During checkout, provide the URL of a picture you want to use as the Logo Image and Header Image (optional).
- Add a logo/icon or a photo by clicking Add Image > Upload Files.
- Alternatively, you may utilize an existing one by going to Add Image > Media Library.
3. Choose a Page Style (optional). Your PayPal account displays page styles.
4. Choose a Landing Page that all consumers will view when they check out.
1. When troubleshooting difficulties with your site, check the Enable Logging box. Otherwise, uncheck/disable it.
2. Enter an Invoice Prefix to identify this site’s transactions. By default, WC (WooCommerce) is entered.
3. During checkout, tick the option that says “Require Billing Address”.
*Note: PayPal no longer supports this function. In case you need to gather billing information. So you might disable the payment buttons on the product and cart pages and collect it using the standard WooCommerce checkout forms.
4. Check the option next to Require Phone Number if you want clients to input their phone number during the checkout process.
5. Choose a Payment Action from the drop-down menu. ‘Sale’ immediately grabs money. ‘Authorize’ just confirms the availability of money; the payment must then be captured.
6. Check the box if you Require Instant Payment. The customer must choose a payment type that allows for quick capture (e.g., No checks).
7. Choose a Subtotal Mismatch Behavior when the totals for PayPal and WooCommerce differ.
How to set the PayPal Credit (Pay Later) Messages?
1. Check the Enable PayPal Credit Messages box to display PayPal Credit messaging on the Shopping Cart page.
2. Select your chosen PayPal Credit Messaging layout, logo, logo position, and text color from the dropdown menus.
3. In order to display PayPal Credit messages on the Product and Checkout pages, configure specific settings for each Single Product Page and Regular Checkout Messages you have enabled.
1. From the dropdown menu, choose a Button Color, Shape, Label, Layout, and Size.
2. Choose Hide Funding Method(s) in case you don’t want to see specific funding ways.
3. Check the option for Checkout on Cart Page if you want PayPal checkout buttons to appear on the cart page.
4. Customize the settings for each Single Product Page, Mini-Cart, and Regular Checkout Buttons that you’ve enabled.
5. Save your modifications.
How to obtain PayPal credentials?
This is true if you want to input your PayPal credentials manually.
1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/us/signin to access your PayPal Business account.
2. Select Activity > API Access from the navigation menu.
3. Navigate to NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic) and then select Manage API Credentials.
4. Check the box for Request an API Signature and then click Agree and Submit.
5. Click Show to reveal your credentials, then copy the API Username, Password, and Signature and paste them into your WooCommerce PayPal Checkout settings.
- Processing Orders
Use with PayPal accounts as well as credit/debit cards
This plugin skips the majority of the WooCommerce checkout procedure, Moreover, consumers leave your site from the Cart page to finish their payment using PayPal.
Furthermore, the presence of PayPal Checkout buttons on product and cart pages is intended to decrease the amount of data entering required by the consumer. PayPal provides the customer’s billing information when they log into PayPal and authorize the transaction to do this.
Usage with PayPal in 4
If the checkbox for Enable PayPal Credit to eligible customers is checked in the PayPal Checkout Display Settings and the customer is in an eligible area, consumers will have the option to utilize PayPal Credit or Pay In 4 during checkout.
In addition, the owner of the store/website is paid in full up front. Customers like the financing and the ability to pay over time.
Capture WooCommerce Order Admin Charges
This plugin enables you to authorize charges during the checkout process and then manually capture payments later. Besides that, this may be done using your PayPal business account or through the WooCommerce Edit Order page.
When a payment for an order is authorized, the order status is changed to “on hold”. Therefore, you may change the order by navigating to WooCommerce > Orders and then clicking the order number. To capture the payment, pick the “Capture Charge” option from the Order Actions selection.
Payments are recorded via PayPal when you select Capture Charge and save, the order status changes to Processing, and the Order notes are updated to reflect these changes.
Make Billing Address not Required
Only in specific situations are the billing address fields optional. The filter below is used when a consumer checks out using the PayPal button on a cart or product page. When visitors return to the site through PayPal, they arrive at the Confirm your Order page. This filter only affects the billing address fields on that page.
You may use the following code to make billing fields optional:
add_filter(‘woocommerce_paypal_express_checkout_address_not_required’, ‘__return_true’ );
The “Require Billing Address” option must also be turned off.
On the cart page, remove the “Proceed to Checkout” link.
* Snippet to remove the 'Proceed to Checkout' link on the cart page.
* Code goes in the functions.php file in your theme.
remove_action( 'woocommerce_proceed_to_checkout', 'woocommerce_button_proceed_to_checkout', 20 );
Logging for this plugin may be enabled via the plugin settings:
WooCommerce > System Status > Logs will provide access to logs.
WooCommerce & PayPal Integration
The following are the default payment options with a new WooCommerce installation:
- Direct Bank Transfer
- Check Payments
- Cash on Delivery
- PayPal Standard
The first three methods are all offline, but the PayPal Standard is a digital option that is utilized by many online shops throughout the world.
Furthermore, to manage PayPal-related activities on WooCommerce sites, you may use one of numerous popular and highly effective PayPal for WooCommerce extensions, which offer significant value to your WooCommerce business.
Popular PayPal WooCommerce Plugins/Extensions
WooCommerce PayPal Powered by Braintree Payment Gateway
Braintree powers this WooCommerce PayPal plugin/extension. This extension improves shop payment operations. Because it allows users to pay for their products with debit cards, credit cards, or PayPal payments.
- Firstly, the following are some of the most essential features of this plugin:
- Secondly, this plugin is compatible with the Subscriptions and Pre-Orders plugins.
- Thirdly,when used with a currency changer, you may add various merchant IDs to provide multi-currency.
- It is capable of supporting 3D Secure (with an enabled Braintree account)
- Finally, Braintree Advanced Fraud tools and Kount Direct are supported (if enabled)
WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Payment Gateway
With over 800,000 active installs, this is the official WooCommerce PayPal Checkout plugin. This plugin’s strongest advantage is security. WooCommerce PayPal setup is simple and uncomplicated because this is an official plugin.
PayPal Plus for WooCommerce
PayPal Plus for WooCommerce is another excellent plugin that enables the seamless integration of all PayPal Plus payment options (PayPal, Credit card, Direct debit, and Pay upon invoice) into your WooCommerce businesses.
This plugin includes lots of functionality, including:
- Use the Express Checkout option to make faster payments.
- PayPal’s checkout is entirely responsive and extremely user-friendly.
PayPal Buy Now Button
This plugin enables your customers to pay for goods and services using the PayPal Buy Now button. Moreover, this button may be placed anywhere on your store to modify your payment processing procedures.
In addition to the normal capabilities, the plugin provides:
- Firstly, the method of making the buy button is simple: Easily enter the name and price, and the button is ready for deployment.
- Secondly, there are four different PayPal button designs and sizes to choose from.
- Finally, apply a set discount as well as a per-item discount rate.
That’s all for now, guys. I hope you now understand How to install Paypal checkout Woocommerce. More specially, in case you are looking for a comprehensive solution to build an Ecommerce Website. So you should consider the Woocommerce Website Packages of ArrowTheme. Coming with our packages, our dedicated experts will help you create your dream online store quickly and effectively. 2 types of packages: Standard and Advance with different prices will bring to you lots of awesome features for your site. So grab this chance by CONTACT US right now.