How to add affiliate program in Woocommerce to increase your brand value and grow revenue
Adding an affiliate program to your Woocommerce eCommerce website is a fantastic method to get customers and other marketers to promote products. The biggest problem is that WooCommerce lacks an integrated affiliate management system. Hence, in this article, Arrowtheme will give you a comprehensive guide to add the Woocommerce affiliate program through three ways. Then, let’s explore with us right now!
Benefits of Woocommerce affiliate program
- First and foremost, it enables users to join your affiliate program. Besides, it approves them as well as sets up commissions for them. Moreover, it also allows them to build affiliate links. Visitors, conversions, commissions, and payouts may all be tracked.
- Secondly, the woocommerce affiliate program will turn consumers and subscribers into brand advocates and affiliate partners.
- Thirdly, commissions are updated based on order status changes and regular subscription payments. Hence, it is more important to keep an eye on your affiliate’s progress.
- What’s more, you can set commissions depending on a number of conditions with the most powerful commission plan system.
- Woocommerce affiliate program with a certain number of tiers. Affiliates are paid commissions on both their own sales and the sales of others they refer to your program.
- In addition, in diverse advertising efforts, let’s combine media assets, swipes, and other materials. In particular, don’t forget to keep track of the results of each campaign separately.
- Best of all, PayPal payouts are quite easy, referral tracking with vouchers, and a slew of other features.
- Furthermore, it will integrate with your own website. In fact, affiliate for WooCommerce is a WooCommerce extension, which cuts down on costs and setup time.
>>> Read more: How to unpublish a wordpress site
How to add a woocommerce affiliate program to increase your brand value and grow revenue?
In order to create your Woocommerce affiliate program, you can take advantage of several outstanding WooCommerce affiliate plugins. This post will walk you through three alternative approaches.
1. Easy Affiliate
When it comes to the best way to add an Affiliate program in Woocommerce, we highly recommend you Easy Affiliate plugin. In fact, Easy Affiliate, formerly known as Affiliate Royale, is one of the best affiliate plugins for WordPress. For more details, it is straightforward to use and connect smoothly with your WooCommerce store. In just a few clicks, you can set up self-hosted affiliate networks for your eCommerce website. In particular, this plugin must first be installed and activated on your website. Then, you will be routed to a new Easy Affiliate tab in your WordPress dashboard as soon as you activate it.
To set up Easy Affiliate on your website and connect your WooCommerce store, you must scroll down and click the “Launch the Wizard” button.
To continue, you have to use the setup wizard to enter your license key. Plus, the key as well as the email receipt can both be found in your Easy Affiliate account area.
Easy Affiliate will then look for an affiliate program plugin and provide you with the option of migrating your program. You just simply need to click the “Save and Continue” button to proceed.
Not only that, this plugin will ask you which eCommerce plugin you want to utilize with Easy Affiliate in the following stage. Then, you just need to simply enable the WooCommerce option here and then click the “Save and Continue” button.
Moreover, you should provide information about your company, such as its name, address, city, state, and so much more. After completing these steps, let’s click the “Save and Continue” option.
Set up the registration process
After that, you may set up the registration process for your affiliate program. Best of all, the Easy Affiliate plugin comes with three alternatives for you to select from.
Furthermore, your affiliates can apply for your affiliate program by using the “Application” option, and you can then accept users depending on their applications.
Aside from that, you can choose between the “Public” option, which allows anyone to become an affiliate without approval, and the “Private” option, which enables you to personally add affiliates. Before authorizing your affiliates to join the program, you should use the Application procedure to get to know them.
In addition, there are more customization options available for your affiliate registration procedure. You can, for instance, collect affiliate addresses and tax information during registration, account creation, or by making it a mandatory field. Alternatively, if you have an affiliate agreement, you may enable the “Show Affiliate Agreement on Signup Page” option to display it on your registration page. After finishing, don’t forget to click the Save and Continue button to save your work.
To continue, you need to set up your affiliate commissions. Your commission type might be either a fixed amount or a percentage. Then, you just need to simply write in the commission % or amount, choose whether commission is paid on the first sale only or on all sales, and select a payment method.
As soon as you are happy with your choices, you must click the Save and Continue option. Easy Affiliate will ask you to add a banner and text creatives for your program in the following phase. Besides, it is easier for your affiliate program to promote you if you provide them with these materials. Moreover, in order to upload your creatives, let’s click the Add button. On the other hand, simply click the Skip and Continue button if you don’t have a banner or text creatives yet.
Finally, don’t forget to review your affiliate program for the WooCommerce store and click the Finish Setup & Exit Wizard button to complete the process.
Pros of Easy Affiliate plugin
- First and foremost, it is a simple and quick way to set up and activate.
- Secondly, this plugin may be integrated with WooCommerce with a single click.
- Thirdly, you may also design advertising banners and text creatives for your affiliates to use as addition to links.
- Fourthly, after installing the plugin successfully, it will automatically update. Plus, it is not necessary for you to login and download it again.
- Besides, the fraud detection tool in Easy Affiliate identifies unusual affiliate behavior before payout, ensuring that your commission payments are secure.
- What’s more, shortlisting affiliates and approving them for your program is a breeze using the affiliate application tool.
- Additionally, you can easily set up commission levels, commission rules, and integrate Easy Affiliate with other tools like email marketing providers with the help of powerful addons.
- Finally, there are no fees or commissions charged by Easy Affiliate on your transactions. Best of all, you only have to pay an annual cost for using this plugin.
Cons of Easy Affiliate plugin
- First of all, your woocommerce affiliate program can only link to pages for which you have created affiliate links. This could be a lot of work for you or a lot of frustration for them.
- Besides, the money-back promise of 14 days is a little short. Only if the plugin does not work for what you want it to do can you get your money back.
- Furthermore, this plugin does not offer a free trial or lite version.
Coming to the second method you should know to add affiliate programs in Woocommerce is to utilize the AffiliateWP plugin. You simply download and install the plugin as soon as you pay for it. Then, in your dashboard, you need to go to the Affiliates tab to obtain an overview of your affiliate sales.
Let’s go to Affiliates >> Settings in order to combine AffiliateWP with WooCommerce. Then, at the top of the screen, you need to select the Integrations tab.
After that, you need to simply check the box next to WooCommerce and then click on the Save Changes button at the bottom. Now, the AffiliateWP plugin will automatically record affiliate referrals anytime anyone arrives at your WooCommerce store through an affiliate link.
Best of all, if you like, you can use AffiliateWP to specify a separate commission rate for each affiliate program. In your WordPress dashboard, let’s go to Affiliates >> Affiliates, then search for a registered affiliate to set their commission rate.
Furthermore, Woocommerce affiliates who do not specify a commission rate will be paid at the default rate. All you have to do is navigate to Affiliates >> Settings to set or update this. Specifically, in the General tab, let’s set the Referral Rate.
Pros of AffiliateWP plugin
- Firstly, you can build specific promo codes for different affiliates thanks to this plugin. For instance, you might wish to hook up with an affiliate and offer a special promotion especially for their audience.
- Secondly, the woocommerce affiliate program has the ability to create their own referral links. You don’t have to set up all the link parameters manually.
- Thirdly, there are numerous free and paid addons available that allow you to extend AffiliateWP’s core capabilities.
- This plugin has a user-friendly UI. Not only that, it also comes with a lot of outstanding options.
- What’s more, the refund period is 30 days long.
- In addition, AffiliateWP does not charge you a commission on each transaction you make. Then, you will only have to pay the plugin’s annual price.
Cons of this plugin
- Firstly, you can’t get a refund if you simply changed your mind. In fact, there must be a legitimate reason why this plugin isn’t working for you.
- Secondly, pro addons are available for some of the features you might require, such as tiered affiliate commission rates. These must be purchased as part of one of the higher-tiered packages.
3. ShareASale affiliate network
Last but not least, another wonderful way to add a woocommerce affiliate program to your website effectively is to use the ShareASale affiliate network. When you sign up as a merchant with ShareASale, an automated “wizard” will guide you through the process of creating your account. In particular, if you install a plugin like ShareASale WooCommerce Tracker, you are able to use ShareASale with WooCommerce. For more details, just need to go to the ShareASale WC Tracker tab in your WordPress dashboard after you install and activate the plugin. Besides, your Tracking Settings, where you will need to input your ShareASale Merchant ID, will appear.
Additionally, to integrate ShareASale’s Woocommerce affiliate program with your WooCommerce store, let’s simply follow the steps above. However, you should make sure that reimbursements are taken from affiliate profits automatically.
Under the Automatic Reconciliation tab of this plugin, you can do this with ease. Then, let’s check the Automate box:
What’s more, you also should connect to ShareASale and go to Tools >> Merchant API to receive the API Token and API Secret. The plugin contains a link that will direct you to the correct location. After making these changes, you must make sure to select Save Settings to finish.
Pros of ShareASale
- First of all, ShareASale is a large affiliate network with a large number of affiliates wanting to promote new items.
- Secondly, it hosts all of the software. Best of all, except for the plugin that connects ShareASale with WooCommerce, you don’t need to install anything on your site.
- Thirdly, there is no monthly or annual fee for the program, instead it only requires a one-time fee.
- Plus, all payments to your Woocommerce affiliate program will be sent out automatically by ShareASale.
- Not only that, because ShareASale screens affiliates, you don’t have to bother about authorizing them.
Cons of ShareASale
- Working with ShareASale isn’t inexpensive. Specifically, lifetime access costs $550 including a $100 refundable deposit.
- Besides, all affiliate commissions must be paid at a rate of 20%. You will pay an extra $0.20 to ShareASale for every $1 you pay out.
- In addition, setting up ShareASale with WooCommerce takes a little longer than these plugins above.
To sum up, the woocommerce affiliate program makes creating and managing your own affiliate partner program a breeze. It is strongly connected with WooCommerce and gets new features and compatibility updates on a regular basis.
In particular, don’t miss our Woocommerce Website Packages if you need any help with your website. Furthermore, working with us at this time, we will have an opportunity to gain a discount deal upto 30% off for every Woocommerce service. This rare chance will not last long, hence, why don’t you take advantage of this deal right now? Let’s CONTACT US to get more information about this deal.